I've had my hand in a wide variety of languages, frameworks, and projects over the years. Most
Feel free to checkout my github,
. Most of my past work has not been public, so it's a little sparse, but I'm slowly building it out. pirate-matt
If you are wondering if I can do something, don't hesitate to ask!
Regardless of the task, I will make every effort to ensure I understand the problems your business faces. I have no interest in charging you to build a wonderful solution only to find out it was to
the wrong problem.
Have a theme, that is missing a few things, you wish it had? I can work with you to make them a reality.
When doing Shopify work I focus on the following things:
- Making customizations configurable - this gives shop admins maximum control over any modifications I make
- Commenting any modifications I make - this enables code savy admins to make small changes on their own
- Providing documentation of modifications - this makes moving any customizations over to a new version of a theme much easier
I have a wonderful developer I collaborate with for larger Custom Website Development. I love working
with him, and look for every opportunity to do so. He has been doing custom Django and Wordpress sites
for the past 5 years. You can see his credentials here
The typical workflow for a job like this is as follows:
- Initial project definition and requirements gathering meeting
- Estimation and quote delivery - I prefer pricing to be a discussion rather than a declaration (but it's got to start somewhere)
- Regular progress updates with opportunities for feedback and correction
- Final project delivery and debriefing meeting
I've run into a few situations recently where a business had an idea and wanted to see if it was viable
and sustainable. This is where I came in. I worked with them to build a minimal codebase that worked
well enough for the business to ascertain if it warranted a full-blown product.
I really enjoy these types of projects because they require me to analyze each requirement and ask: Is this really needed? I am able to utilize not just my development skills, but also my business acumen. I am forced to think
of the overall system and not just asked to make the font a little bigger, or change the color of the header.
I enjoy the challenge and collaborative and iterative nature of developing an MVP. It's not just programming,
and I like that.